The Clear Choice™
Perfect for all exterior siding applications. Our innovative RAIN SCREEN technology equalizes the air pressure within the wall system by creating a drainage and ventilation cavity between the weather resistant barrier (WRB) and the exterior wall. This design allows excess moisture to drain from the wall system and allows ventilated air to circulate and dry the interior wall components.
Click below to view the virtual brochure!
- Apply a weather resistant barrier over sidewall sheathing. Note: some regions may require two layers of weather resistant barrier. Check local codes for more information.
- Install Mortairvent® after windows and doors have been properly installed and flashed
- Starting at the base of the wall, unroll Mortairvent® from right to left with the fabric flap on the bottom. The blue geomatrix should be facing the weather resistant barrier and the filter fabric facing the exterior of the building.
- Staple or nail every three square feet.
- On the bottom and top course only, fold the fabric flap and tuck it between the (blue) polymer matrix and the weather resistant barrier to create an insect screen. The top course roll will need to be inverted to achieve this.
- On subsequent courses, butt the blue polymer material together without overlapping. Pull the fabric flap over the previous course (shingle style) and staple.
- Apply lath, scratch coat, and stucco or masonry veneer siding over Mortairvent® using recommended fasteners and spacing.
Rainscreen Products Thickness Roll Size Sq. Ft. Per Roll Rolls Per Pallet UOM Mortairvent® 201 .125” (3 mm) 39” X 61.5’ 200 18 Sq. Ft. Mortairvent® 202 .25” (6 mm) 39” X 61.5’ 200 18 Sq. Ft. Mortairvent® 203 .40” (10 mm) 39” X 40’ 130 18 Sq. Ft.